Building consents

Restricted building work

Information on government changes to residential building rules.

Applying for building consent

All the information you need to get your completed application submitted.

Processing and inspections

How we process your application, and how to involve us while you're carrying out your work.

Certificates and compliance

Information on certifying completed work and checking that systems continue to meet standards.

Industrial water cooling systems

Industrial water cooling systems need to be registered by 1 July every year.


Find application packs, checklists, guidance documents, practice notes and Codes of Practice.

Producer Statements.

Producer statements

Information on getting a producer statement and finding a producer statement author.

Your feedback helps us to improve our website. If you have feedback about our services (not the website), please contact us.