Seniors Advisory Panel
Te Rōpū Kaitohutohu Take Kaumātua
The role of the Seniors Advisory Panel
The Seniors Advisory Panel offers advice based on their experiences living as senior citizens, to help us improve outcomes for this community.
- identify the issues that are important to senior citizens
- provide advice on our regional strategies, policies and plans
- help us effectively engage with senior citizens.
Members of the panel
- Janet Clews (chair)
- David Wong Hop (deputy chair)
- Joan Lardner-Rivlin
- Judy Blakey
- Mary Tunks
- Mihkorei Roberta Te Huia
- Roger Fowler
- Sonny Manuel Niha
- Councillor Daniel Newman (liaison councillor)
- Councillor Cathy Casey (chief liaison councillor)
Lead officer: Allison Dobbie
Deputy lead officer: Cecily Dower
Meetings of the panel
The Seniors Advisory Panel holds three scheduled meetings and up to seven meetings with staff each year.
Scheduled meetings are open to the public.
For dates, agendas and minutes, see agendas and minutes.
Get in touch with the panel
To attend or present at a meeting of the Seniors Advisory Panel, or find more information, email email@example.com.