Write a letter of dispute
You can write to us about an infringement notice to:
- dispute what happened
- ask for an extension of time to pay
- ask for a hearing about the alleged offence.
You need to make sure your dispute letter includes:
- your name and address
- the infringement number
- daytime contact number
- the reason why you think the infringement should be waived
- what outcome you would like
- supporting documents (such as a vet's microchipping certificate or travel documents).
Sign all documents you send to us.
If someone else writes for you, send us a written authorisation for that person to write on your behalf.
Where to send your dispute letter