Skip to main content

Tiaki waka toko ake ki tō kaupapa whakahaere

Manage traffic at your event

Your event will need traffic management if it takes place on a road or will cause high traffic volumes and congestion.

Email or call 09 301 0101 and ask to speak to an event facilitator to discuss your traffic management requirements.

Road closures

The majority of road closures need a Traffic Management Plan (TMP). A professional supplier can provide the plan. See the Auckland Transport website to find out who can design your TMP

We need to receive your application at least nine weeks before your event takes place.

All road closures must be advertised to the public. 


You need to pay any costs associated with road closures, traffic management implementation and public notice advertising.

 Related topics



Event permits permitsCheck if you need an event permit and find out how to apply for one.aspxEvent permit
Temporary structures structuresFind out about temporary structures, if they need a building or resource consent, and how to get one.aspxBuilding and consents
Report pollution pollutionCall the pollution hotline for stormwater pollution and air pollution. The Pollution Response Team is available seven days a week.aspxEnvironment consultation
Health and safety at your event and safety at your eventFind out more about health and safety at your eventaspxOrganising events
Manage waste at your event waste at your eventFind out about how to manage waste at your event and how to submit a waste management plan.aspxOrganising events
Plan an event in the harbour an event in the harbourFind out how to get permission for a harbour event.aspxOrganising events