Ture ā-Rohe Mahi Urungi Āhuru 2021
Navigation Bylaw 2021
This bylaw promotes safe recreational and commercial use of Auckland's waters.
What the Navigation Bylaw 2021 does
- makes wearing a lifejacket compulsory when on board a vessel that is up to 6m long, unless the person in charge of that vessel gives you permission not to
- makes it compulsory to carry a communication device
- prohibits being in charge of a vessel if you are intoxicated by alcohol or drugs
- specifies requirements around flotation devices
- specifies requirements around certain water activities, including water skiing, diving, swimming and using recreational vessels
- requires registration of jet skis and other personal watercraft
- requires a licence for moorings
- specifies navigation safety and operating requirements, including licensing and permits, and restricted areas
- specifies requirements for large vessels and hazardous cargo.
Get a copy of the bylaw
|Water activities||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/parks-recreation/get-outdoors/coastal-marine||Water activities||Find where you can swim, surf, dive or launch a boat in Auckland or view bookings for the Orakei Basin. ||aspx||Parks, playgrounds and sports|
|Staying active||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/parks-recreation/get-outdoors/staying-active||Staying active||Find our gyms around the Auckland region, and outdoor fitness equipment in our parks and leisure centres.||aspx|
|Boats and jetskis||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/Pages/boats-jetskis.aspx||Boats and jetskis||How to find information about harbour and marine activities.||aspx||Transport and infrastructure|
|Is your beach safe for swimming?||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/looking-after-aucklands-water/Pages/is-your-beach-safe-for-swimming.aspx||Is your beach safe for swimming?||We provide water quality information for beach and freshwater locations so you can check when and where to swim.||aspx||Water quality|
|Plan an event in the harbour||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/manage-your-event/Pages/plan-a-harbour-event.aspx||Plan an event in the harbour||Find out how to get permission for a harbour event.||aspx||Organising events|
|Report pollution||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/what-you-can-do-for-environment/Pages/report-pollution.aspx||Report pollution||Call the pollution hotline for stormwater pollution and air pollution. The Pollution Response Team is available seven days a week.||aspx||Environment consultation|
Is the information on this page helpful?
To ask for help or report a problem with our services or facilities, contact us.