Ture ā-Rohe Kōtuinga Tuku Wai me te Waipara 2015
Water Supply and Wastewater Network Bylaw 2015
This bylaw helps protect public water supply and wastewater services in Auckland. It includes rules about connections, water use and nearby activities.
What the Water Supply and Wastewater Network Bylaw does
- requires authorisation from Watercare to connect to or disconnect from the water supply or wastewater network
- ensures appropriate standards for any new infrastructure that will be under Watercare's control
- enables Watercare to refuse connections where there is insufficient network capacity
- protects the quality of the water supply
- protects the water supply and wastewater network from damage
- manages work near the water supply and wastewater network
- allows for restricting the water supply to maintain enough drinking water, in the event of drought or other emergency
- prohibits unauthorised taking of water from a hydrant
- manages inflows and illegal dumping of material into the wastewater network, to avoid wastewater overflows.
What the Water Supply and Wastewater Network Bylaw doesn't cover
The bylaw does not cover:
- on-site wastewater systems in Waiheke Island
- some areas of the North Shore, Papakura and Rodney Districts - as they are not part of Watercare’s network.
Get a copy of the Water Supply and Wastewater Network Bylaw
|Auckland Water Strategy ||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/looking-after-aucklands-water/water-strategy-policy-standards/Pages/auckland-water-strategy.aspx||Auckland Water Strategy ||Find out about our vision and strategy for the future of Auckland's waters.||aspx|
|Rainwater tanks||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/looking-after-aucklands-water/rainwater-tanks||Rainwater tanks||Learn the advantages of collecting rainwater on your property, how to use it, and information on installing an outdoor water tank.||aspx||Environment|
|How we manage stormwater||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/looking-after-aucklands-water/stormwater/Pages/how-we-manage-stormwater.aspx||How we manage stormwater||We manage stormwater as it flows through public and private pipes, drains, streams and channels to reduce flooding and prevent the pollution of our waters. ||aspx||Stormwater|
|Caring for waterways||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/looking-after-aucklands-water/looking-after-our-waterways/Pages/caring-for-waterways.aspx||Caring for waterways||Manage your stream by adding plants and rocks to slow down the flow of water and reduce erosion. Keep the stream free of rubbish and chemicals. Avoid spreading freshwater pests.||aspx||Water quality|
|Report a water quality issue||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/looking-after-aucklands-water/looking-after-our-waterways/Pages/report-water-quality-issue.aspx||Report a water quality issue||Contact us for water quality issues or oil spills. We advise when the water is unsafe due to flooding, erosion, pollution and unhealthy practices. ||aspx||Water quality|
|Our bylaws||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/plans-projects-policies-reports-bylaws/bylaws||Our bylaws||Information about our bylaws, as well as how to report a breach.||aspx||Bylaw|
Is the information on this page helpful?
To ask for help or report a problem with our services or facilities, contact us.