Kaupapa Here Toi Tūmatanui
Public Art Policy
Supporting public art activity in all its forms contributes to our vision of Auckland being the world’s most liveable city.
What our public art does
Auckland’s public art:
- celebrates the region’s creativity
- reflects and expresses the diversity and character of Auckland
- generates pride and belonging
- transform Auckland’s public places.
What the policy ensures
Our Public Art Policy ensures that Aucklanders and visitors can experience public art that is:
- culturally vibrant
as well as public space that is distinctive and unique to the region.
Our long-term commitment to develop and support public art activities and care for Auckland’s collection of public art assets is reflected in the Public Art Policy.
The policy clearly articulates:
- why and how we are involved in public art
- what we want to achieve by supporting and investing in public art
- the principles that guide our actions
- the various roles we play
- the context for decision-making for public art.
Get a copy of the Public Art Policy