What the proposed improvements will do
These improvements will:
- significantly reduce the risk of flooding to residential and recreational Stanley Bay properties
- improve water quality at Ngataringa Bay
- reduce foul odours in the area
- improve the environment for people, birds, and marine life
- minimise wastewater overflows into Auckland Harbour
- enhance and upgrade Stanley Bay Reserve.
How we'll do this
- replacing the existing bund and culvert pipe at the coastal boundary
- constructing a plant bench and a footbridge
- creating salt water zones
- re-shaping the watercourse banks
- adding infill planting and mulching
- clearing debris and sediment.
View a map of affected areas
We are currently finalising the design.
Construction is expected to begin in October 2022.
It should take approximately seven months.
How the project will affect you
Parts of Stanley Bay Reserve will be fenced off to the public during construction.
Vehicle and pedestrian access will be restricted on Ngataringa Bay Road.
If you have any questions about the project, email