Skip to main content
Auckland Council
Water conservation efforts
More How we are reducing water usage across the Auckland region. Learn moreWater conservation efforts


Change of property owner's name

Te panonitanga ingoa kaipupuri rawa whenua

Before you update your information

Change of property owner

Your solicitor will advise us when a property changes hands.

If you are handling the sale of your property yourself (i.e. not involving a solicitor), you need to provide a Notice of Change of Ownership.

Change of name

You will need to upload scanned evidence (a PDF document) to change a property owner's name.

This is a list of documents you can use as evidence, depending on the reason for the name change:

  • Marriage certificate.
  • Civil union certificate.
  • Deed poll certificate.
  • Power of attorney.
  • Change of name certificate.
  • Birth certificate.
  • Death certificate.
  • New Zealand Driver's License.
  • A valid passport.
  • A copy of incorporation from the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA).

Five minutes estimated time to complete this form.