At Auckland Council we appreciate your feedback. We are committed to ensuring you have the best possible experience with us. We take complaints seriously and we use your feedback as an opportunity to learn, and improve our services.
What is a complaint?
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction with:
- Our procedures and policies: the way we do things and why (e.g. frequency of street cleaning)
- Our charges: how much we charge for specific services (e.g. consents or dog registrations)
- Our employees: the staff of Auckland Council (e.g. how well our people provided service to you)
- Our contractors: the service providers of Auckland Council (e.g. how well our contractors provided service to you)
- Our quality of service: the level of satisfaction you have with any service we have provided (e.g. we’ve performed a service, but it hasn’t met your expectations).
Ways to contact us
If we have let you down in some way, please get in touch and tell us what has happened and what you would like us to do about it.
To make a complaint, ask a question about our complaints policy, or ask for help with a particular issue, you can:
- use our online form
- phone us on (09) 301 0101
- visit one of our customer service centres
- fax us on (09) 301 0100
- send a letter to:
Complaints and Issue Management Team
Private Bag 92300
How we manage complaints
We will send you an acknowledgement within three working days and have a full response sent to you within ten working days. If this timeframe cannot be met, we will let you know why and give you a new response date.
Still not happy?
If you are not satisfied with our response, please let us know so we can escalate the issue to the appropriate service manager. You will receive a response to your escalated complaint within ten working days. Again, if we cannot meet this timeframe we will contact you.
Please provide the reference number of your initial complaint.
If you would like a review
If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, we provide an issue resolution process. The Issue Resolution Manager will review and investigate how we handled your complaint and respond to you with an outcome.
To request a review of a complaint, please email our Issue Resolution Manager. If possible, please include the reference number of the complaint you would like reviewed.
If we can't resolve the issue together
If after working together to solve the issue you are still not happy with the outcome, you can contact the Office of the Ombudsmen.