To find the fee for renewing your dog's registration, use the fee calculator.
Here are some ways you can save on your registration fee:
Register a new dog or puppy
Use our Application to register a dog (PDF 100KB) to register a new dog or puppy.
Read the 'What you need to know' section on the form and include all relevant information with your application.
- You need to register your puppy before it turns three months old.
- Register your dog at the address where it spends the most time.
- You need to microchip your dog within two months of being registered.
- If you are under 16 years of age, you need to register the dog under your parent or guardian's name.
Include with your application:
- a copy of the veterinary certificate if your dog has been de-sexed
- a copy of your Responsible Dog Owner Licence (RDOL), or your RDOL number if you have completed the test
- a copy of the front and back of your Combo Card, or your SuperGold card and Community Services Card if you are registering under the class E. Visit the SuperGold Card website for more information about the SuperGold Card.
Tell us if you want a disc or strap. Tick your preferred option in the 'Tag preference' box on the registration form.
Send your form, relevant information and the fee to:
Private Bag 92300
You can pay in person at any service centre. Remember to bring any copies of supporting information.
You should get your disc or strap within ten working days. Contact us if you don't receive after 10 working days.
Get a replacement disc or strap
Use the Application to register a dog (PDF 100KB) if you need to replace your disc or strap.
Tick the 'replacement tag option' including the dog's old disc or strap number (if you know it).
Send it with your payment ($8 including GST) to:
Private Bag 92300
You can also get replacement discs and straps from your local service centre.
Attaching the strap
Soak the strap under warm water to make it easier to bend and loop around your dog's collar.