Auckland free Wi-Fi service
Auckland Council has partnered with leading Wi-Fi operator Tomizone to provide a free, high-speed wireless service across the Auckland region.
The free Wi-Fi service is called AucklandWiFi@Tomizone and is found in public spaces and in selected council-owned facilities.
The service is free to all users for 30 minutes per day, per device.
Once the free time limit is reached, you can chose to pay to continue using the service. Instructions on how to pay will pop up on your Wi-Fi device.
Locations of free Auckland Wi-Fi service
Signs in public spaces saying "Free Wi-Fi Here" indicate where the Auckland Wi-Fi service is available.
Any Wi-Fi enabled device will pick up the signal within the following coverage areas:
- Aotea Square
- North Wharf
- Queen Street
- Queens Wharf
- Viaduct Harbour
- Wynyard Quarter
- Glenn Innes
- New Lynn
- Dominion Road
- Karangahape Road
- Mission Bay
- Mt Eden Village
- St Heliers
How to connect to the network:
- Check your wireless network list - you will see a connection called Auckland WiFi@Tomizone.
- Tap or click on the WiFi@Tomizone connection and choose connect. You will automatically be redirected to the welcome screen.
- If you have an account with Tomizone you can log in using this.
- If you don't have an account, you don't need to set one up - just accept the terms and conditions and start browsing.
- To use the pay service you will need an account – you can set up a Tomizone account from the welcome screen.
- If you already have an account logon, you can choose from a range of options including:
Once you reach the time limit or data usage (whichever comes first) the service will terminate – you will not be billed for any more than your selected option.
- $3.00 for 60 minutes or 200MB
- $6.50 for 24 hours or 250MB
- $30.00 for 7 days or 1.2GB
- $50.00 for 30 days or 3.0GB