What POAL does
POAL is New Zealand's largest container port and supports the country's trade and growth.
POAL is responsible for:
- container terminal handling services which include receipt, delivery, transit storage and shipment of a wide range of import and export cargos
- a variety of cargo handling services
- marine services which include pilotage, towage, hydrography and bunkering services
- maintenance of freight hubs in south Auckland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty and Manuwatu
- provision of services and facilities to support the cruise ship industry.
POAL's objectives are to:
- operate as a successful business
- deliver Aucklanders with goods to support their growth and way of life
- serve New Zealand's national freight needs in the most efficient and sustainable way
- be a world-class port company known for skilled people, innovation and sustainable practices.
For more information, see the Ports of Auckland website.