Industrial cooling tower water systems
He pourewa pūnaha whakamātao wai ahumahi
What are industrial cooling tower water systems?
Industrial cooling tower water systems are cooling devices used in an industrial process.
These systems are not:
- part of a building as defined in the Building Act 2004
- included in a compliance schedule.
Register an industrial cooling tower water system
If you own an industrial cooling water system, you need to:
- register it with us by 1 July each year
- let us know if the system is decommissioned (within a month of this occurring)
- let us know if there is a change in ownership (within a month of this occurring)
- comply with the maintenance, chemical dosing and testing requirements outlined in the Property Maintenance and Nuisance Bylaw.
You should know
If incorrectly maintained, industrial water cooling systems can spread Legionnaire's disease.
Read fee table.
|Industrial cooling tower - Registration||$175|
|Industrial cooling tower - Renewal||$111|
How to register an industrial cooling tower water system
Email the completed AC3406 Industrial cooling tower water system registration form to the Cooling towers team.
Download and complete the registration form.
Bring the completed AC3406 Industrial cooling tower water system registration form to the service centres closest to you and pay by:
- MasterCard or Visa (A convenience fee of 1.75 per cent of your payment amount applies).
Send the completed AC3406 Industrial cooling tower water system registration form and cheque payment to:
CCC team (Cooling towers)
Central Building Control
Private Bag 92300