Estimate your development contributions
Whakaarotia te rahi o āu oha whakawhanake
What you need to tell us
Residential development projects
- Number of units and the size in square meters, for a standalone house or minor unit.
- Number of units (low rise) and the size in square meters, for townhouses and duplexes.
- Number of units (medium to high rise) and the size in square meters, for apartments.
- Number of rooms, for a rest home or hospital care institution.
- Number of accommodation units, for a hotel or motel.
- The area of the development which is not capable of absorbing rainwater.
Non-residential development projects
For projects like retail and hospitality services, and commercial office spaces, you would need to tell us:
- the total floor area measured from the exterior walls
- the area of the site which is not capable of absorbing rainwater.
Development contributions estimator
Get an indication of the contribution charges you may need to pay.
Estimate your contributions
The fees are based on the number of residential dwellings (equivalent household units - EHUs) involved in your project. The How we set Development Contributions charges document explains how we calculate these in more detail.
There are no charges for water supply and wastewater infrastructure under this policy. The cost of this infrastructure is charged directly by Veolia Water
(Papakura) or Watercare Services Limited
(rest of Auckland).
How to use the development contributions estimator
After launching the contributions estimator, you will be prompted to enter the address or legal description of the property.
You will need to answer a number of questions and select the existing use of the property and type of the proposed development.
|What are development contributions?||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/building-and-consents/development-contributions/Pages/development-contribution-fees.aspx||What are development contributions?||Find out what types of projects you might need to pay contributions fees for.||aspx|
|Development Contributions Policy 2019||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/plans-projects-policies-reports-bylaws/our-policies/development-contributions-policy/Pages/development-contributions-policy.aspx||Development Contributions Policy 2019||The Development Contributions Policy 2019 sets contribution charges. ||aspx|
|Consultation on development contributions||Consultation on development contributions||Development contributions help us fund new infrastructure without using rates for the entire cost. This allows us to manage Auckland’s growth better, over the long term.||Have your say||aspx|