Skip to main content

Āhea koe hiahia whakaaetanga ā-rawa mō te whakamahi whenua

When you will need land use resource consent

​A land use resource consent is required for an activity that affects the environment.

This includes:

  • building and alterations
  • earthworks
  • retail
  • horticulture
  • vegetation removal.

The Auckland Unitary Plan sets rules and standards to manage the effects of activities, buildings and development on the environment.


 Related topics



Consider stormwater when building stormwater when buildingIf you are doing any sort of development, one of the factors you need to consider is stormwater. Find out what you need to know about stormwater before you begin.aspxStormwater
Earthworks, soil erosion, sediment and dust from earthworks, contaminated land, order a site contamination enquiry report, landfills, apply for a land use resource consent. aspxResource consents
Subdivision of property of propertyFind out if you can subdivide your property, the types of subdivision and how to check if you can subdivide your property. aspx
Regional resource consents resource consents​Read about the types of activities that require a regional resource consent.​aspxResource consents
Resource consent notice of works starting consent notice of works startingLet us know when you intend to start work on your resource consent.aspxResource consents
Existing use certificate use certificateFind out how to apply for an existing use certificate to prove you have a legal right to carry out an existing activity.aspxResource consents