E tono whakaaetanga ā-rawa (mahi ā-one) mō te whakamahi whenua
Apply for a land use (earthworks) resource consent
What you need to supply
What to include with your earthworks resource consent application:
1. Detailed plans, including:
- a site plan(s) that shows the existing topography and where the proposed cut or fill will be carried out
- elevations and cross sections of the proposed cut or fill
- details of any proposed retaining structures
- a plan showing the approximate volume and area of the earthworks
- details of any cut or fill batters or both (including height of batter, depth of excavation or fill, slope of batter and extent)
- details of any overland flow paths and the proximity of any streams/wetlands to the site
- an erosion and sediment control plan (including the sizing and dimensions of any sediment control devices). For guidance on how best to manage your earthwork activity refer to Erosion and Sediment Control Guide for Land Disturbing Activities in the
Auckland Region Guideline Document 2016/005 GD05 (GD05)
assessment of environmental effects (AEE) of the earthworks, including:
- an appropriate earthworks methodology, including details of the timing and duration of the earthworks and whether they are proposed to be staged, and if so, an explanation of each stage
- how land stability on and next to the site will be maintained. If there is any risk of instability, include a geotechnical report
- an assessment of the earthwork's potential sediment yield and visual effects, and proposed mitigation measures (including any proposed erosion and sediment control measures). The degree of detail required will be proportionate to the scale of the environmental effects of your proposal. If the earthworks activity or its scale has the potential to generate significant effects, a report by a professional advisor in support of your application may be required
- details on how land stability on and next to the site will be maintained. If there is any risk of instability, a geotechnical report by a professional will be required
- details showing how dust will be controlled
- details of how earthworks material is to be transported to or from the site, and:
- which off-site locations are involved
- type of machinery to be used (including intended truck size)
- proposed traffic management.
How to apply
We only accept online applications for a land use (earthworks) resource consent. If you are unable to apply digitally, visit one of our service centres for assistance in making your online application.
If there is no way to provide digital copies of your plans or documents, visit one of our service centres. Our staff will accept your documents for an additional charge. The charge covers costs involved with us scanning your documents into our digital consent system.
Call us on 09 301 0101 to speak with our building and planning help desk if you have questions regarding your application.
|Subdivision of property||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/building-and-consents/resource-consents/types-resource-consents/subdivision-of-property||Subdivision of property||Find out if you can subdivide your property, the types of subdivision and how to check if you can subdivide your property. ||aspx|
|Existing use certificate||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/building-and-consents/resource-consents/types-resource-consents/Pages/existing-use-certificate.aspx||Existing use certificate||Find out how to apply for an existing use certificate to prove you have a legal right to carry out an existing activity.||aspx||Resource consents|
|Contaminated land||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/building-and-consents/resource-consents/types-resource-consents/earthworks/Pages/contaminated-land.aspx||Contaminated land||Find out if your land is potentially contaminated and how to order a report.||aspx||Land-use resource consent|
|About earthworks||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/building-and-consents/resource-consents/types-resource-consents/earthworks/Pages/earthworks.aspx||About earthworks||Read about stability and safety when carrying out earthworks.||aspx||Resource consents|
|Notify us of earthworks on contaminated land||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/building-and-consents/resource-consents/types-resource-consents/earthworks/Pages/notify-earthworks-contaminated-land.aspx||Notify us of earthworks on contaminated land||Find out how to let us know if you are planning to dig or disturb contaminated land for any reason.||aspx||Land-use resource consent|