Skip to main content
Water restrictions Restrictions are in effect across the Auckland region. Learn moreWater restrictions

Notify us of earthworks on contaminated land

Whakamōhiotia mai mātou mō ngā mahi i runga whenua tāhawahawa

Earthworks on contaminated land

If you are planning to dig or disturb contaminated land for any reason, including testing, you need to notify us in writing before you start.

You can notify us:

 By post

Send the completed notification form to:

Auckland Council
Private Bag 92300
Auckland 1142

 In person

​Bring the completed notification form to any one of our service centres.

 Related topics



Consider stormwater when building stormwater when buildingIf you are doing any sort of development, one of the factors you need to consider is stormwater. Find out what you need to know about stormwater before you begin.aspx
Types of resource consent of resource consentFind information on the different types of resource consents. aspx
Regional resource consents resource consents​Read about the types of activities that require a regional resource consent.​aspx
About earthworks earthworksRead about stability and safety when carrying out earthworks.aspx
Contaminated land landFind out if your land is potentially contaminated and how to order a report.aspx
Apply for a land use (earthworks) resource consent for a land use (earthworks) resource consentFind out how to apply for a land use resource consent to carry out earthworks, and what you need to supply with your application.aspx