Skip to main content

Ngā utu whakaaetanga ā-rawa ia tau

Annual resource consent charges

If you hold a regional resource consent, you will most likely need to pay an annual charge. These charges contribute to the cost of meeting our environmental responsibilities under the Resource Management Act.

How we calculate annual resource consent charges

Annual charges are split into two components:

Administration, monitoring and supervision (AMS) charges

AMS charges cover the cost of compliance monitoring inspections and administration associated with ensuring activities are carried out in accordance with consent conditions.

We calculate the charge based on the actual and reasonable cost of monitoring your consent.

Functions, powers and duties (FPD) charges

FPD charges cover consent holder contributions to our environmental research and monitoring programmes which relate to monitoring the state of the environment in the Auckland Region.

We calculate this charge based on the type of consent proportional to the risk to the environment.

Read about the Auckland Council State of Environment reporting.

​​Annual resource consent charge invoices

We invoice annual charges in July each year.

If your contact details have changed, or you want to know more about the annual charge on your regional consent, email the regional consents team:

Quote the consent number printed in your annual charge invoice.

If you have lost your invoice, or if you haven't received an invoice, you can contact us on 09 366 2000 (option 1) to request a copy.

If you no longer own the property or no longer require the consent, you should transfer or surrender your consent.

Pay the annual resource consent charge

You can pay:

 By direct credit

​Direct credit account: 12-3113-0131289-00

Include the name and customer number in the reference field (your customer number is on the top right corner of your invoice).

 Related topics



Tracking and paying for a consent application and paying for a consent applicationInformation on paying a consent invoice, requesting a refund, and tracking the progress of a consent application.aspxBuilding and consents
Subdivision of property of propertyFind out if you can subdivide your property, the types of subdivision and how to check if you can subdivide your property. aspx
Resource consent fees and deposits (plus notices of requirement and private plan change requests) consent fees and deposits (plus notices of requirement and private plan change requests)Find out how much it will cost to apply for a resource consent application.aspxResource consents
Surrender a resource consent a resource consentFind out how to surrender a resource consent if your granted activity has ceased, or you no longer need it. aspxResource consents
Transfer a resource consent a resource consentFind out how to transfer a resource consent to another party to continue an activity. aspxResource consents
When you need a regional resource consent you need a regional resource consentFind out what activities you need a regional resource consent for.aspxResource consents