Skip to main content

Whakaaetanga ki te ruke mea tāhawahawa ki te whenua, ki runga takiwā, ki runga i te wai rānei

Consent to discharge contaminants onto land or into the air or water

Types of discharge consents

A discharge consent provides for the discharge of stormwater, wastewater or other contaminants into water, or onto or into land.

An Industrial or Trade Activity (ITA) consent manages the discharge of contaminants (including environmentally hazardous substances) from an industrial or trade activity site.

Apply online to discharge contaminants onto land or into the air or water

We only accept online applications to discharge contaminants onto land or into the air or water. If you are unable to apply digitally, visit one of our libraries with council services for assistance in making your online application.

​Apply now

If there is no way to provide digital copies of your plans or documents, visit one of our libraries with council services. Our staff will accept your documents for an additional charge. The charge covers costs involved with us scanning your documents into our digital consent system.

Call us on 09 301 0101 to speak with our building and planning help desk if you have questions regarding your application.

 Related topics



Consider stormwater when building stormwater when buildingIf you are doing any sort of development, one of the factors you need to consider is stormwater. Find out what you need to know about stormwater before you begin.aspxStormwater
National Environmental Standards for Freshwater - permitted activities Environmental Standards for Freshwater - permitted activitiesCertain activities near or in rivers, wetlands, lakes and streams may be permitted under the National Environmental Standards for Freshwater, but they must comply with the relevant conditions. aspxEnvironment consultation Building and consents
Freshwater management policy and standards management policy and standardsThe Government's recent Essential Freshwater policy introduces new rules and regulations for Auckland and the rest of the country.aspxEnvironment
Report a water quality issue a water quality issueContact us for water quality issues or oil spills. We advise when the water is unsafe due to flooding, erosion, pollution and unhealthy practices. aspxWater quality
Contaminated land landFind out if your land is potentially contaminated and how to order a report.aspxLand-use resource consent
Coastal consents or permits consents or permitsWhen a coastal permit may be required, and how to apply for one.aspxResource consents