Dog registration fees benefit all dog owners and the public.
Dog registration fees help us:
- ensure all dogs are registered
- respond to reports of dog attacks and complaints about barking and stray animals
- provide shelter services: impoundment, care for strays and reuniting dogs with their owners
- rehome dogs through our adoption programmes
- provide dog safety education for dog owners, schools and the public
- enforce compliance, issue infringements and patrol beaches and parks
- prosecute serious dog related offences (under the Dog Control Act ).