Ngā mahi ka taea e koe te āwhina atu ki te kaupare atu i te ngāngara whakamate kauri
What you can do about kauri dieback
Do your part to protect healthy kauri trees and prevent the spread of kauri dieback.
Visiting areas with healthy kauri trees
- Clean your footwear, tyres and equipment before and after visiting our kauri forests. If you are walking your dog, you should also make sure you clean their paws.
- Use cleaning stations every time you pass one while you are walking in a park.
- Stay on the tracks and keep off kauri roots.
- Stay away from closed tracks.
- Don't remove soil from, or bring soil into, areas with kauri trees.
Looking after kauri on your property
If you have kauri trees on your property, there are a few things that you can do to keep them healthy.
- Make sure you and your visitors have clean shoes around your kauri. Avoid the roots as much as possible.
- Fence off individual kauri or groups of kauri from people and animals (e.g. livestock), if appropriate.
- Educate yourself on the symptoms of kauri dieback disease. If you see kauri with some of the symptoms, or want to request a tree health inspection on your land, contact us on 0800 NZ KAURI (0800 695 2874).
For more information about what you can do to prevent the spread of kauri dieback, see the Keep Kauri Standing website.
|Pest plants and animals||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/plants-animals/pests-weeds||Pest plants and animals||Find information on identifying and controlling weeds, pest animals and plant diseases.||aspx||Biosecurity
|Protect plants from myrtle rust||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/plants-animals/protect-trees-disease/Pages/protect-plants-from-myrtle-rust.aspx||Protect plants from myrtle rust||Myrtle rust is a serious biodiversity threat. Learn how to identify it and help slow its spread in Auckland by following these tips.||aspx||Biodiversity|
|Report a pest plant, pest animal or plant disease||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/plants-animals/pests-weeds/Pages/report-pest-plant-pest-animal-plant-disease.aspx||Report a pest plant, pest animal or plant disease||Report weeds, pest animals and diseases to Auckland Council. Report marine and exotic pests to MPI.||aspx||Biosecurity|
|Identify weeds||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/plants-animals/pests-weeds/Pages/identify-weeds.aspx||Identify weeds||Identify weeds before you remove them. Use our pest search or check other weed databases. ||aspx||Biosecurity|
|Eradicating low incidence pest plants||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/what-we-do-to-help-environment/our-biodiversity-projects/Pages/eradicating-low-incidence-pest-plants.aspx||Eradicating low incidence pest plants||Find out how we are managing pest plants and how you can help. ||aspx||Environment
|What we are doing about kauri dieback||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/plants-animals/protect-trees-disease/protect-our-kauri-trees/Pages/what-we-are-doing-about-kauri-dieback.aspx||What we are doing about kauri dieback||Find out what we are doing to stop the spread of kauri dieback.||aspx|