Borrow a Home Energy Audit Toolkit (HEAT kit)
Minamina Kete Mātai Ngao i te Kāinga (Kete HEAT)
If you’re living in a damp, cold house or paying too much for power, check your home's insulation and energy costs.
What is a Home Energy Audit Toolkit (HEAT)?
Home Energy Audit Toolkits (HEAT kits) can help you find out:
- which areas of your home use the most energy
- how you can make your home healthier and warmer
- how you can save on power bills and reduce your carbon footprint.
What is in the HEAT kit
- An infrared thermometer - to identify areas of poor insulation on walls, ceilings, floors and windows.
- A stopwatch - to measure your shower and tap flow rates.
- A thermometer/hygrometer - to measure air temperatures and moisture levels.
- A power meter - to check energy use and running costs of major appliances.
- Instructions on how to use each tool.
- A record sheet for your measurements.
- Tips, factsheets and brochures to help you save on power bills.
- A feedback form
You can also email any feedback to the Low Carbon Living team.
How to borrow a HEAT kit
You can borrow a HEAT kit for free from Auckland Libraries. Request a HEAT kit through the Auckland Libraries catalogue.
Standard library charges apply if the kits are overdue, lost or missing. Check with the library for charges.
Useful sustainable living resources
For energy saving tips, find information on these websites: