Skip to main content
Auckland Council

Running a market on public or private land

Te whakahaere mākete i runga whenua tūmatanui, tūmataiti rānei

​All of the food trucks and stalls at your market need to have food registration.

Markets on private land

If you run a regular market, you may need a resource consent.

Call us on 09 301 0101 and ask for the planning helpdesk to check.

Markets on public land

If you are organising a market in a public place, you will need a market licence.

See open a public market.

 Related topics



Manage your event your eventFind out about planning a harbour event and waste management, traffic management, and health and safety at your event. aspx
Event permits permitsCheck if you need an event permit and find out how to apply for one.aspx
Markets on public land on public landFind out how to apply for and renew a public market licence, how to change or transfer ownership of a public market licence, and rules for food stalls in a market.aspx