Skip to main content

Tono kia whakahokia mai ō taputapu i murua

Get your seized equipment back

We return equipment only if we are satisfied it will not be used to create further noise problems.

How to get your seized equipment back

To request your property back, you need to:

Bring to your interview:

  • proof of identity, such as a driver’s licence or passport
  • the original copy of the seizure notice (so we return the property to the rightful owner).

If we refuse to return your property, you can appeal to the Environment Court.

Noise and other seizure fees

Read fee table.
Description Fee type, basis of charging Fee
Noise equipment seizure

​Per response

Other equipment seizure

​Per response


Note: Fee for noise equipment seizure includes contractor costs.

How to pay your fee

Payment must be made in person using Eftpos, MasterCard or Visa at one of our libraries.

Find out about Ways to pay in person.


 Related topics



Public Safety and Nuisance Bylaw 2013 Safety and Nuisance Bylaw 2013This bylaw helps people enjoy public places. It includes rules about behaviours in public places including restrictions for fires, fireworks, drones, camping in tents and set net fishing.aspxBylaw Events
Complain about noise about noiseHow to complain about noise and what happens once your complaint has been made.aspxNoise
Construction and maintenance noise and maintenance noiseFind out when and where construction noise, DIY noise or handyman noise is allowed.aspxNoise
Pay a noise fine a noise fineYou can pay a noise fine online (depending on your location) or in person.aspxNoise
How to prevent a noise complaint to prevent a noise complaintThings you can do to reduce noise and show consideration for your neighbours. To find out the noise levels permitted in your area, call 09 301 0101.aspxNoise
Ongoing problems with noise problems with noiseFind out how ongoing noise problems - including residential, industrial, commercial and mechanical - can be dealt with.aspxNoise