Skip to main content
COVID-19 Alert Level 1 Visitors to our buildings should check in using the NZ COVID Tracer app or register manually.
For the current status of council services and closures - Learn moreCOVID-19 Alert Level 1
Water restrictions in Auckland More Water restrictions are in effect across the Auckland region. Learn moreWater restrictions in Auckland

Te haere tonu o ngā raru whakaturituri

Ongoing problems with noise

​For ongoing noise problems, call 09 301 0101 and ask for the issue to be referred to the Compliance Response Noise Team.

We can issue infringement notices for repeat offenders. These notices require the offenders to pay a fine for:

  • not complying with an excessive noise direction notice
  • not complying with an abatement notice for noise.

We can issue an abatement notice if there are ongoing issues with noise. This is an official letter asking the offender to reduce noise to a reasonable level.

We use sound level meters to take noise readings that can be measured against the levels allowed in the Auckland Council District Plan, before issuing an abatement notice.

The notice sets out timeframes for specific actions the offender has to take to comply.

 Related topics



How to prevent a noise complaint to prevent a noise complaintThings you can do to reduce noise and show consideration for your neighbours. To find out the noise levels permitted in your area, call 09 301 0101.aspx
Western Springs noise monitoring results Springs noise monitoring resultsWe monitor noise generated by speedway meetings and concerts regularly, when events take place. aspx
Complain about noise about noiseHow to complain about noise and what happens once your complaint has been made.aspx
Construction and maintenance noise and maintenance noiseFind out when and where construction noise, DIY noise or handyman noise is allowed.aspx
How do I know if noise is excessive or unreasonable? do I know if noise is excessive or unreasonable?Excessive noise is that under human control that affects the comfort of any person. We establish whether noise is unreasonable using a sound level meter.aspx
Pay a noise fine a noise fineYou can pay a noise fine online (depending on your location), by post, or in person.aspx