Check if you need a licence to hand out promotional goods
If you are distributing samples or flyers in a public space to promote something, you will need a licence from us.
- You need to apply for a licence for each promotion, you cannot renew or transfer your licence for this activity.
- If you would like to hand out flyers, vouchers or samples outside of your shop or business on public land, you need to get a licence.
- This licence does not permit the sale of any goods or materials - trading in a public space requires a
mobile trading licence.
If you are promoting a religion, you may not need a licence.
You need to:
- let us know you are planning to promote your religion in a public place
- not obstruct traffic flow with your set up
email our team so we can give you some advice.
Request a pre-application meeting
Email our team to request a free pre-application meeting with an inspector. This may be a phone call, a site visit or an office meeting at a council building.