Rārangi tohu mahi toi ā-ara hīkoi
Guidelines for pavement art
Performing in CBD
The Auckland central business district (CBD) is a busy area with a high volume of pedestrians.
Contact us if you wish to perform in the CBD. We can help you find a good location.
Your work area
- You may work directly on the pavement using materials that can be washed off with water without leaving any residue.
- You may work on a removable surface such as paper, plastic or canvas. Fix it to the pavement with masking tape or any product which will not leave glue residue on the pavement.
Health and safety
- Keep the site safe and tidy while you are using it.
- Make sure your site and equipment is out of the way of other public space users.
- Do not use materials that are slippery or endanger public safety.
Selling and advertising
- While you may encourage donations, do not pressure or publicly embarrass people into giving you money.
- You cannot offer works of art for sale from the site.
- Advertising is not permitted in pavement art.
|Apply to perform dangerous street performance acts||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/street-performance-busking/apply-perform-dangerous-street-performance-acts||Apply to perform dangerous street performance acts||If your act is dangerous and uses fire, chainsaws, power tools, weapons, children, animals, or heights, you need to apply for a special street performance licence.||Guide||aspx||Rubbish, waste and offensive trades licences
Licences and regulations consultation|
|Apply for a busking or street performance licence||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/street-performance-busking/apply-busking-or-street-performance-licence||Apply for a busking or street performance licence||Find out how to apply for a busking licence and what rules and conditions apply for street performance.||Guide||aspx||Street trading and performance|
|How to create a mural in a public place||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/arts-culture-heritage/arts/Pages/create-mural-public-place.aspx||How to create a mural in a public place||Information about how to create a mural in a public place. ||aspx|
|Public Safety and Nuisance Bylaw 2013||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/plans-projects-policies-reports-bylaws/bylaws/Pages/public-safety-nuisance-bylaw.aspx||Public Safety and Nuisance Bylaw 2013||This bylaw lays out regulations for behaviour in public places so everyone can enjoy them safely and without nuisance. The bylaw is currently under review.||aspx||Bylaw|
|What is a public place?||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/street-performance-busking/Pages/what-public-place.aspx||What is a public place?||A public place is any site that Auckland Council or a council-controlled organisation owns, manages or maintains, and is open for use to the public.||aspx||Trading in parks
Public market licence
Street trading or busking licence|
|Health and safety at your event||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/manage-your-event/Pages/health-and-safety-at-event.aspx||Health and safety at your event||Find out more about health and safety at your event||aspx||Organising events|