Providing food and alcohol at a community venue
Te tuku kai me te waipiro i tētahi wāhi hapori
Serving food at a community venue
You need to pay a fee if you are serving food at an event held at a community venue.
The special function service fee includes:
- a staff inspection of your booked venue to make sure it's ready
- 24/7 emergency support for the entire duration of your event
- advice and support from staff to ensure you have a successful event.
Serving alcohol at a community venue
The special function fee also provides extra security when you serve alcohol with food.
Our staff will provide:
- an introduction to the venue before your event
- tips on how to be a responsible host
- security staff for the last three hours of your event to ensure the safety of your guests.
For more details about the special function service fee,
Check our Community venues terms and conditions for serving alcohol:
When you need an alcohol licence
You must apply for an alcohol special licence if you are:
- selling alcohol at your event
- opening your event to the public.
You have to apply at least 20 working days before your event.
You don't need a alcohol licence for a private gathering at a community venue.