Serving alcohol at a community venue
If you are planning to serve alcohol at your event:
The special function service, for activity / event where alcohol will be consumed, includes:
- staff inspection of the venue and ensuring that the booked space is ready for you to use
- assigning one of our staff to your activity / event for a site induction
- a 24/7 emergency access support throughout the duration of your activity / event
- staff providing advice to support a successful activity / event such as how to be a good host when alcohol is available
- provision of security for the last 3 hours of your activity / event to help you ensure the wellbeing of your guests.
To find the correct fee, contact us.
When you need an alcohol licence
If you want to sell alcohol at your event at a community venue or open your event to the public, you need to Apply for an alcohol special licence for events.
You have to apply at least 20 working days before your event.
When you don't need an alcohol licence
If you are holding a private gathering in a community venue and it is not open to the public, you can supply alcohol at your event without a licence.