Action area B5: Accelerate the uptake of sustainable design and construction for new buildings
- Advocate for central government to progressively update the Building Code on a regular basis with all new buildings required to operate at net zero carbon by 2030.
- Remove barriers to sustainable design and construction, including council processes and enable other mechanisms such as incentivisation and upskilling.
- Document, share and promote processes and lessons learned on delivery of net zero energy buildings, such as
Te Kōpua, a net positive energy, zero carbon building project in Henderson, to inspire and enable easier and faster uptake of sustainable buildings.
- Promote and incentivise the certification of new apartment properties to performance standards that meet the requirements of the Healthy Homes Act (e.g. Passive House).
- Deliver on Auckland Council's Sustainable Asset Standard and use third party green building and sustainable infrastructure rating tools to measure and reduce the environmental impact of our assets.
Daisy – a 10 Homestar rated apartment complex in Mount Eden.