About the grant
On 20 November 2023 we launched a new Storm Recovery Community Grant programme. The programme is intended to support community-led recovery initiatives following the storms in early 2023.
We recognise that each affected community has unique needs. The programme’s criteria reflects those differing needs.
Who can apply
Applications are open to all residents’ groups and community organisations who are:
- supporting residents’ groups within their communities
- working closely with flood and landslide-affected communities.
How much you can apply for
The programme will provide grants to residents’ groups and collectives of up to $10,000 each.
This will ensure they have the resources needed to continue the work they have been doing.
What the grant can be used for
The grant could be used for:
- activities to support connection now, to plan for the future and provide the means for how to continue their recovery
- regular neighbourhood events to build resilience and connections
- paying a coordinator to facilitate regular community meetings and communications support.
What the grant can't be used for
This grant is not intended for:
- individual homes
- rebuilds, repairs or adaptations to homes
- resilience, preparedness or response plans
- natural and built environment initiatives or projects.
How to apply
You can apply online on SmartyGrants.
Download the Form Preview on SmartyGrants to find out what information you will need to provide with your application.
If you don't already have a SmartyGrants login, you will need to create one before you can complete the application form.
Applications for the first grant round closed on 11 December 2023.
What happens next
We will notify successful applicants by Friday 22 December 2023.
We will open a second grant round in early 2024.
More about the grant
Read OurAuckland to find out more about:
- who can apply
- what you can use the grant for
- the eligibility criteria
- who to contact if you need help with your application.