Skip to main content
COVID-19 Visit OurAuckland to learn about Auckland Council’s response to COVID-19.
For the status of council services and closures - Learn moreCOVID-19
Water restrictions in Auckland More Water restrictions are in effect across the Auckland region. Learn moreWater restrictions in Auckland

​COVID-19 Alert Level 2 – Bin request information

Household bin removals, exchanges or minor repairs will continue at this time, but with physical distancing.


Puka tono ā-ipurangi hei tono ipu para hōu, ipu para whakakapinga, kia whakaorahia rānei tō ipu para

Request a new bin, bin replacement or bin repair online

You should know

Before you start

Complete this form to request:

  • a bin for a new property
  • a replacement for a lost or stolen bin
  • repair of a damaged bin body or wheel.

You will receive a response within 10 working days on the progress of your bin request.

If your property is in an area that currently does not use recycling, rubbish or food scraps bins, you cannot request a bin using this form.

For bin size options, see sizes of bins available to you.

For bin charges, see rubbish and recycling bin charges.

Your privacy

We will use the information you give us only for the purpose of your intended interaction with us.

See our privacy policy for more information.

Food scraps bin service

For more information about the food scraps service, see the Papakura three-bin collection service page on the Make the Most of Waste website.

Commercial properties (Manukau)

We do not provide a council recycling service to commercial properties of Manukau.

Call us on 09 301 0101 to request a bin for a commercial property in the former Manukau City Council area.

Request a different sized bin

Use Request a different sized bin online form to swap your bin for a different size.

Abandoned or unwanted bin

Call us on 09 301 0101 to report an abandoned bin, or remove an unwanted bin.

It will take about five minutes to complete this form.