Items we accept
- Large appliances - fridges, freezers, washing machines and ovens.
- Small appliances - kettles, irons and vacuum cleaners.
- Furniture - beds, couches, chairs, kitchen items and ornaments.
- Sporting items - gym equipment, bicycles and toys.
- Renovation items - carpet, timber (without any exposed nails), tools, fixtures and fittings, baths and sinks.
- Outdoor items - lawnmowers, barbecues, garden tools and outdoor furniture.
- Electronics - TVs, computers, phones and DVD players.
You can consider donating or selling these items before putting them out as inorganic waste.
Items we don't accept
See What you can put in your rubbish.
See What you can put in your recycling.
See How to get rid of unwanted items to get disposal options for these items:
- Garden waste - grass clippings, and tree and hedge trimmings.
- Car and boat parts.
- Building and trade waste - plaster board, concrete, ceramic or porcelain.
- Liquids - oil, petrol, paint and chemicals.
- Hazardous waste - poisons, batteries and medical waste.
- Asbestos - Fibrolite, floor coverings made of asbestos, lagging and ceiling coating.
- Gas cylinders - CNG or LPG containers.
How much you can put out for collection
You can put out up to one cubic metre of inorganic material for collection. This is about the size of a small trailer load.
Items should be small or light enough to be lifted by two people.