What you can and cannot put out for inorganic collection
Ngā mea e āhei tō tuku ki ō kohinga paraumu kore
Accepted items for inorganic collections
Our inorganic collection service is now focused on reuse, recycling and diverting waste from landfills.
We can't provide an exhaustive list, but examples of items that are acceptable are:
- large appliances – empty fridges, freezers, washing machines and ovens
- small appliances – kettles, irons and vacuum cleaners
- furniture – beds, couches, chairs, kitchen items and ornaments
- sporting items – gym equipment, bicycles and toys
- outdoor equipment – unassembled trampolines and basketball hoops
- outdoor items – barbecues, garden tools and outdoor furniture
- renovation items – carpet, timber (without any exposed nails), tools, fixtures and fittings, baths and sinks (metal and plastic only)
- lawnmowers – with petrol and oil removed
- electronics – TVs, computers, phones and DVD players
Consider donating or selling these items before putting them out for your collection.
We do not accept the following items
We do not accept the following items as part of our inorganic collection service:
What you can put in your rubbish.
What you can put in your recycling.
How to get rid of unwanted items to get disposal options for:
- bags of rubbish, including items contained in Flexi-bags
- household recycling material – containers, paper or cardboard
- polystyrene,including bean bags and bean bag beans
- garden waste – grass clippings, and tree and hedge trimmings
- vehicle parts – automotive or boating items of any kind (tyres, parts, seats, engines, etc.)
- construction, demolition or trade waste – tiles, plaster / gib board, concrete, ceramic or porcelain, toilet bowls or toilet seats
- any items containing concrete, porcelain or ceramic material (planters, umbrella bases, pavers, etc.)
- glass of any kind
- clothing of any kind
- liquids – oil, petrol, paint and chemicals
- hazardous waste – poisons, batteries and medical waste
- asbestos – fibrolite, floor coverings made of asbestos,
lagging and ceiling coating.
- gas cylinders – CNG or LPG containers
- weapons of any kind (e.g. swords and guns)
- wheelie bins of any kind.
|What you can put in your rubbish||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/rubbish-recycling/rubbish-recycling-collections/Pages/what-put-your-rubbish.aspx||What you can put in your rubbish||Find out what items are accepted and not accepted in your rubbish collection.||aspx|
|On your inorganic collection day||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/rubbish-recycling/inorganic-collections/Pages/on-your-inorganic-collection-day.aspx||On your inorganic collection day||Find out where and when to put out your inorganic items for collection.||aspx|
|Book your inorganic collection||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/rubbish-recycling/inorganic-collections/Pages/book-inorganic-collection.aspx||Book your inorganic collection||Information on when and how to book an inorganic collection and find your collection date.||aspx|