Skip to main content

Ki te tohu mātanga hei āwhina i a koe ki te tono i tō tono whakaaetanga, kaupapa rānei

Engage a professional to help with your consent application or project

It's really important to get the right people involved in your project.

​Professionals who can help you

To prepare your application, you need to get help from a professional where appropriate:

If you're undertaking a complex project, we recommend you seek advice early in the process. Contact us for pre-application guidance.

Further information

Visit the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment website to read about the skills and expertise of design professionals, and finding the right professional for your project.

 Related topics



Advice before you start your consent application before you start your consent applicationIf you are unsure about what you need to know or do before you apply for a building or resource consent, get in touch with us. We are here to help.aspxBuilding and consents
What can I do in my zone? can I do in my zone?Find out how to check your property zone and the different activities allowed in your zone. Includes information on different housing zones.aspxPlanning zones
Auckland Design Manual Design ManualThe Auckland Design Manual provides objective criteria and context for making your design decisions.aspxBuilding and consents
Free advice before submitting a consent application advice before submitting a consent applicationGet 15 minutes of free advice to check if your project needs consents or permits.aspxBuilding and consents
Technical guidance documents guidance documentsA collection of documents written to provide guidance and instruction on a range of specialty subjects.aspxBuilding and consents
Building and renovation projects and renovation projectsGuides to help you find out if you need a consent for your project, including; decks, fences, garages, sheds, gazebos, pools, re-clad work, heating, sleepouts, home renovations, water tanks and more.aspxBuilding and consents