Skip to main content

Whakapuakina kei te hāngai ō mahi hanga whare ki ngā Tikanga Hanga Whare mā roto mai i ngā tākinga kōrero kaitaki kaupapa

Declare that your building work complies with the Building Code through producer statements (PS)

What is a PS?

A PS is a document issued by a producer statement author – a council-approved expert registered with us.

A PS gives evidence that design or building work complies, or will comply, with the Building Code and helps us make a decision to issue a building consent or a Code of Compliance Certificate (CCC).

Some examples of work that may need a producer statement are:

  • foundations
  • waterproofing
  • structural engineering
  • geotechnical engineering.

How to prove that your building work complies with the Building Code through a PS

We may accept the PS alone as evidence that the design or building work complies, or will comply, with the Building Code.

Depending on the nature of your project and the quality assurance systems that the builder has on site, we may require additional information.


Design category producer statements (PS1 and PS2)

PS design and design review professionals issue PS1 and PS2 that confirm that they have designed your building work in accordance with New Zealand Building Code (NZBC) requirements.

Construction category producer statements (PS3)

The contractor who has carried out the building work issues a PS3 to confirm that the building work is in accordance with the consent plans and building code.

Construction review producer statements (PS4)

The design professional, who has reviewed the work of the contractor, issues PS4 to confirm that:

  • the building work has been carried out in accordance with the consented plans and Building Code
  • the design professional or us has requested involvement or supervision by a suitably qualified person.


 Related topics



Building consent fees and charges consent fees and chargesView fees and charges when applying for a building consent.aspxBuilding consents
Apply for a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) for a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC)Find out when and how to apply for a Code Compliance Certificate. aspxBuilding and consents
Find a producer statement author a producer statement authorFind a producer statement, high-risk or Certificate of Acceptance author.aspxBuilding and consents
Register to perform high-risk work to perform high-risk workIf you are a producer statement author that would like to perform high-risk work, you would need to register first and then renew you registration every three years. aspxBuilding and consents
Register as a producer statement author as a producer statement authorRegister as a producer statement author, a council-approved professional, that issues producer statement and confirms the building work complies with the Building Code. aspxBuilding and consents