Skip to main content
COVID-19 information For all COVID-19 information, visit the Unite against COVID-19 website at
Visit OurAuckland to learn about Auckland Council's response to COVID-19
Get the latest information about council services and closures - Learn moreCOVID-19 information
Auckland Council

Record of building work (RoW)

Whakaaturanga mahi hanga whare

All Restricted Building Work (RBW) must be carried out by a Licenced Building Practitioner (LBP).

Complete and submit a record of building work

If you are an LBP and you have carried out or supervised restricted building work as part of a building consent, you need to complete and submit a Record of Building Work as soon as possible to avoid delays in issuing of the Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) to the owner.

Make sure you complete the RoW correctly. Incorrect or incomplete forms will not be accepted and you will need to re-submit.

Our tip

It's important to collect all documentation from your LBPs as you go. You can scan and upload RoWs to your CCC documentation during the inspection phase.

​How to submit your record of work


​If the building consent was applied for online, you can scan and upload a correct, readable copy of your record of work through the dashboard:

to the dashboard

 By post

​Send us a readable copy of your record of work to:

Auckland Council

  Private Bag 92300

  Auckland 1142

 In person

Take a copy of your record of building work to one of our service centres.