What are coastal hazards?
Auckland is characterised by 3200km of dynamic coastline, bounded by the South Pacific Ocean and the Tasman Sea, and encompassing the Kaipara, Manukau and Waitemata harbours.
This environment can result in a range of hazards, including:
- beach erosion
- cliff instability
- coastal flooding
We have a team of experts in coastal hazards, processes, management and engineering.
You can contact us on
firstname.lastname@example.org (non-urgent requests) or 09 301 0101 (urgent matters).
Report an imminent coastal hazard regarding a building, road or public asset
If you are concerned about a coastal hazard affecting your home, a road or public asset including coastal structures:
- ensure you and your family are safe
- evacuate, warn your neighbours and dial 111 if there is an immediate risk to life or an occupied building
- call us on 09 301 0101 once you are in a safe location
- report broken utilities (water, gas, electricity) to the appropriate companies
- stay away until authorities give the all clear.
Report a non-urgent coastal hazard
If a coastal hazard has affected public land or if you are not sure how urgent the situation is, contact our coastal team on
email@example.com or call 09 301 0101.