Clean healthy water is essential to Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland’s future. As we continue to grow and change, we need to look after this most precious taonga.
We’re creating a water strategy that looks across the full range of water issues in our region, so that we're prepared when we need to make big, potentially difficult decisions about how we manage water in the coming years.
We want you to have your say on how we should:
- take care of natural waterbodies (aquifers, rivers, lakes, streams, harbours)
- meet our daily water needs as our population grows
- look after our waters while managing our growth and development
- prepare for future changes in our climate and our communities.
big water issues Tāmaki Makaurau will face in coming years will shape what we can do.
Our water future steps through a proposed framework for how we think and make decisions about water in Tāmaki Makaurau.
The proposed framework includes:
- an aspirational vision for our water future
- five values that explain why water is important to us
- four big issues that are at the core of our water challenge
- six principles that guide our actions
- four processes that we need to work on to support quality decisions.
We want to hear what you think.
Your feedback will help us develop an Auckland Water Strategy that moves us towards an agreed water future.
When you can have your say
You can have your say from 17 February to 19 April 2019.