This consultation closed on 10 June 2019. Thank you for having your say.
We collected feedback from the online form and from Have your say sessions. This feedback was considered at a public meeting on Monday 5 July 2019.
The Governing Body decided to adopt the proposed changes with some minor variations on 25 July 2019.
These changes included:
- providing clearer rules to determine when a trade waste activity is low-risk, and when it would require a trade waste agreement
- introducing the Trade Waste Control 2019 that will include the existing limits to flow rates and volumes for low-risk discharges, and to characteristics and substances in trade waste
- providing clearer information for pre-treatment and other conditions required for low-risk trade waste discharges
- clearly defining matters taken into account when considering applications for trade waste agreements
- removing all matters related to transitional consents.
Read the feedback summary and deliberations report on the hearing documents page.
Read the agenda and minutes of the Governing Body meeting on 25 July 2019.
Read the updated bylaw on the Trade Waste Bylaw page.