Skip to main content

Whakamōhio mai i a mātou ina he kaiwhakahaere kē

Notify us of a change of duty manager

If you change a duty manager at your business, including hiring a temporary manager, let us know within two working days. We need to know who the temporary or acting manager is replacing. You need to tell the NZ Police. Contact addresses are on the form.

Temporary and acting managers

  • A duty manager can be replaced by a temporary manager if they are:
    • dismissed or resign
    • on annual or sick leave
    • absent for any reason.
  • If you are made a temporary manager, you must apply for a manager's certificate within two working days.
  • If a temporary or acting manager is appointed, you need to note the change in your premise's manager register.
  • An acting manager can replace a duty manager on annual leave for six weeks in any 12-month period.
  • A duty manager on sick leave or absent from work can be replaced for three weeks at a time by an acting manager.

Keep a record of your managers

As well as notifying us of a duty manager change, you need to keep a record of all managers.

You must keep each manager record for two years.

Police and licensing inspectors visiting your premises can ask to see your manager records.

You also need to attach a copy of your records when you apply to renew your alcohol licence.

You can use our Register of duty managers template to record the information and keep it on file.

​How to notify us of a change of duty manager

 By email

​Email your completed form to:

 By post

​Post your completed form to:

Auckland Council
Private Bag 92300
Victoria Street West
Auckland 1142

 Related topics



Alcohol bans and licensing trusts bans and licensing trustsFind out about areas of Auckland where alcohol is banned and alcohol licensing trusts in west Auckland.aspxAlcohol
Food businesses and quality grading businesses and quality gradingApply for food registration and verification services, staff training, health and safety, food stalls and fundraising, and food grades.aspxFood business registration
Alcohol Control Bylaw 2014 Control Bylaw 2014This bylaw protects public safety by enabling alcohol bans in public places that experience high levels of alcohol-related crime or disorder.aspxBylaw
Local Alcohol Policy areas Alcohol Policy areasThe Local Alcohol Policy identifies areas in Auckland with higher rates of alcohol-related harm. It is presently under appeal.aspx
District Licensing Committees Licensing CommitteesDistrict Licensing Committees consider and grant or renew applications for licences and manager’s certificates.aspxAlcohol
Alcohol Harm Minimisation Strategy Harm Minimisation StrategyInformation about Auckland Council's Alcohol Harm Minimisation Strategy to ensure there is minimal risk of community harm from alcohol-related activities.aspxBudgets, plans and strategies