Skip to main content

Te utu, te tohe rānei i tētahi whiunga waipiro

Pay or dispute an alcohol fine

​How to pay an alcohol fine


You can pay by Visa, MasterCard, Online EFTPOS or Account2Account (bank transfer).

A card payment fee of 1.75 per cent applies for credit and debit card payments.


​Pay your fine online now


You will need your infringement notice.

You will get a reference number for your payment. You should keep it for your records.

 In person

​Bring your infringement notice to one of our libraries with council services and pay by:
  • Eftpos
  • MasterCard or Visa.

There is a 1.75 per cent surcharge for credit and debit card payments.

See Ways to pay in person for more information.

​How to dispute an alcohol fine

To dispute an alcohol fine, send a letter listing the reasons you are disputing it to:

Litter and Environmental Infringements

  Auckland Council

  Private Bag 92300

  Auckland 1142

You should know

We can issue fines to alcohol licence holders and managers.
You have 28 days, from when you receive the infringement notice, to pay or dispute the infringement.
If you don't pay the infringement within 28 days of the reminder notice date, we will lodge your infringement with the Department of Courts. They have the authority to enforce the fine and impose extra costs.

 Related topics



Change conditions of your alcohol business conditions of your alcohol businessFind out how to apply for a change to your alcohol licence.GuideaspxAlcohol licensing
Alcohol Control Bylaw 2014 Control Bylaw 2014This bylaw protects public safety by enabling alcohol bans in public places that experience high levels of alcohol-related crime or disorder.aspxBylaw
Complain about a business that sells alcohol about a business that sells alcoholFind out how to make a complaint about an existing licensed business or the terms of a licence.aspxAlcohol licensing
Notify us of a change of duty manager us of a change of duty managerIf you change a duty manager at your business, you need to let us know within two working days.aspxAlcohol licensing
Object to an alcohol licence to an alcohol licenceAny person can object to the grant or renewal of a licence.aspxAlcohol
Alcohol Harm Minimisation Strategy Harm Minimisation StrategyInformation about Auckland Council's Alcohol Harm Minimisation Strategy to ensure there is minimal risk of community harm from alcohol-related activities.aspxBudgets, plans and strategies