Skip to main content

Ki te panoni i te rehitatanga o tō pakihi kai

Make changes to your food business registration

Changes to scope of operations

Changes to scope of operation could include:

  • product type
  • sector product is made in
  • how products are sourced and supplied
  • how products are processed.

How to make changes to scope of operations

Email with:

  • contact name
  • licence number
  • what products or processes you are wanting to add or remove.

If you are changing your registration type, there may be a processing fee.

Additional sites and changing details

You need to let us know if you want to:

  • add or remove an additional site
  • update contact details
  • amend trading name, site location or day-to-day manager
  • change your registration from a multi-site to single site (or vice versa).

How to let us know about changes

Please email with:

  • contact name
  • licence number
  • site location
  • details of the change for you want to make (such as adding or removing a site)
  • the layout and physical boundaries of your kitchen (a hand-drawn basic diagram is acceptable).

What to include in your diagram

Make sure you show:

  • the floor
  • wall and ceiling surfaces
  • sinks and wash hand basins
  • ovens and extract hoods
  • fridges, freezers and walk-in chillers
  • preparation benches
  • dishwasher and pot wash
  • dry storage
  • toilets and staff changing areas.

There may be fees associated with adding additional sites and inspections.

 Related topics



Apply for food registration for food registrationGuide to applying for food registration and choosing the food plan that suits your business.GuideaspxFood Alcohol
Check your food business with ISO 17020 accredited agency your food business with ISO 17020 accredited agencyCheck your food business with Auckland Council - an ISO17020 accredited verification agency.aspxFood business registration
Running a home-based food business a home-based food businessFind out what factors you need to consider before opening a home-based food business.aspxFood
Start a food truck a food truckThis guide pulls together a list of the licences you need to start a food truck or coffee cart.GuideaspxFood
Taking over an existing food business over an existing food businessFind out what you need to do when you take over an existing food business.aspxFood
Serving food at on-licence and club premises food at on-licence and club premisesBusinesses with on-licences or club licences must make sure that food is available when the business site is open and selling alcohol.aspxAlcohol Food