Exfoliation code of practice
Tikanga tiaki mahi muku kiri mate
Provide a safe service
- Sterilise all instruments.
- Use single-use disposable instruments and dispose of them immediately after use.
All operators of microdermabrasion equipment must have the knowledge and skills necessary to provide microdermabrasion.
This can be achieved through:
- National Certificate (or international equivalent) in Beautician and commercial industry experience of 12 months or more; or
- commercial industry experience of five consecutive years or more, and evidence of professional development in microdermabrasion
- or evidence of training with a microdermabrasion training provider, and commercial industry experience of 12 months or more.
Best practice: some additional recommendations
- Use new single-use sponges where facial towelling is necessary for exfoliation.
- The New Zealand Association of Registered Beauty Therapists recommends that only safety certified microdermabrasion equipment should be used.
|Open an exfoliation business||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/business-licences/health-beauty-businesses/open-an-exfoliation-business||Open an exfoliation business||Steps to take when open an exfoliation business.||Guide||aspx|
|Mobile or temporary business sites: Code of practice summary||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/business-licences/health-beauty-businesses/health-beauty-businesses-codes-of-practice/Pages/mobile-temporary-business-sites.aspx||Mobile or temporary business sites: Code of practice summary||Find out what health and beauty businesses that are run from mobile or temporary sites must do to comply with the operator conduct code of practice.||aspx|
|Operator conduct code of practice||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/business-licences/health-beauty-businesses/health-beauty-businesses-codes-of-practice/Pages/operator-conduct.aspx||Operator conduct code of practice||Find out the minimal standards of operator code of conduct that health and beauty businesses operators must comply with.||aspx|
|Permanent business sites: Code of practice summary||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/business-licences/health-beauty-businesses/health-beauty-businesses-codes-of-practice/Pages/permanent-business-sites-code-of-practice-summary.aspx||Permanent business sites: Code of practice summary||Health and beauty businesses that are run from permanent sites must comply with the operator conduct code of practice.||aspx|
|Open an exfoliation business||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/business-licences/health-beauty-businesses/open-an-exfoliation-business/PublishingImages/Forms/DispForm.aspx?ID=1||Open an exfoliation business||aspx|