Minimum standards for mobile or temporary business sites
Your business site must be fit for purpose
The business site must be constructed, designed and arranged to be fit and suitable for its intended purposes.
Repairs and cleanliness
- Maintain the business site and all fittings, fixtures and appliances in good repair and a clean and tidy condition.
- Do not accumulate rubbish or other materials that may harbour vermin or insects or that may be offensive or a nuisance.
Walls, floors, ceilings, fixtures and fittings
- You must be able to easily clean the walls, ceilings, fixtures and fittings in service areas and maintain them in good repair.
- The walls must be constructed of impervious material if they are likely to get wet/moistened or fouled.
- The floor must be surfaced with a smooth, durable material that is impervious to water and that you can easily clean.
- Maintain the floor and the material with which the floor is surfaced in good repair.
- All parts of the business site must have a lighting system capable of providing adequate illumination for cleaning and inspection.
- Lighting of not less than 300 lux, at a distance 900mm above the floor, must be provided at all working surfaces adjacent to every place where customers are served and where instruments and tools are cleaned and sterilised.
All business sites must have potable running water.
All parts of the premises must be adequately ventilated to the requirements of the New Zealand Building Code.
- Have direct access to hand-washing facilities with hot and cold running water, preferably through a single pipe.
- Provide soap and means of hand drying with single-use disposable paper towels or other approved hand-drying equipment
- Provide waterless alcohol-based antiseptic hand gels, foams, or liquids for mobile operators only where it is physically impossible to have hand-washing facilities with running water.
Use only sterile or single-use disposable instruments for piercing the skin
- Provide sufficient sterile equipment for all customers undergoing any specified service that pierce the skin.
- Use single-use disposable pre-sterilised equipment if the mobile facility does not have sterilisation facilities.
Cleanliness of work area
Establish and maintain a ‘clean’ work area at the site and protect all surfaces and equipment from contamination by dust, dirt, members of the public or other such contaminants at all times.
Mattresses, squabs and cushion covers
Cover all mattresses, squabs and cushions used on any chair, bed, or table with permanent impervious covers, that you can easily clean.
Storage of linen and other supplies
Provide sufficient facilities to adequately store all clean and used equipment, linen and waste products, safely in separate containers before and after use and while in transit.