Skip to main content
Auckland Council

Apply for a permit to run a commercial activity in a regional park

​Before you start

Check if the park you are applying for is a regional park.

Regional parks include:

  • Ambury Regional Park
  • Anawhata Regional Park
  • Arataki Regional Park
  • Atiu Creek Regional Park
  • Awhitu Regional Park
  • Cascade Kauri Regional Park
  • Cornwallis Regional Park
  • Duder Regional Park
  • Mutukaroa-Hamlins Hill Regional Park
  • Huia Regional Park
  • Hunua Falls
  • Hunua Ranges
  • Karekare Regional Park
  • Long Bay Regional Park
  • Mahurangi Regional Park
  • Muriwai Regional Park
  • Omana Regional Park
  • Piha Regional Park
  • Pakiri Regional Parkland
  • Scandrett Regional Park
  • Shakespear Regional Park
  • Tapapakanga Regional Park
  • Tawharanui Regional Park
  • Tawhitokino Regional Park
  • Te Arai Regional Park
  • Te Rau Puriri Regional Park
  • Waharau Regional Park
  • Waitawa Regional Park
  • Wenderholm Regional Park
  • Whakanewha Regional Park
  • Whatipu Regional Park
  • Whakatiwai Regional Park
  • Waitakere Ranges Regional Park

If the park you are applying for is not on this list, you will need to Apply for a permit to run a commercial activity in a local or sports park.

How to apply for a permit

You need to contact us and ask to speak to a Visitor Experience Advisor.

After you have discussed your proposed activity with a Visitor Experience Advisor, you need to complete the application form:

​Our Visitor Experience Advisor will tell you where to send your completed form and other documents.

You should know

There is an application fee of $297. We will process your application when you pay this fee.

Further fees may also apply.

Other things you need to provide with your application

  • Details of any help you need from our staff for your activity.
  • Any consents from council or other agencies that are related to your activity.
  • A health and safety plan for your activity.
  • A copy of your public liability insurance, valid for the date of your activity.

Applying for a permit for an ongoing commercial activity

We grant one-year permits for ongoing commercial activities in regional parks.

When renewing a one-year permit, proven operators may be offered a new permit for up to three years.

To apply for a permit for an ongoing activity, and to discuss permit fees, contact us and ask to speak to a Visitor Experience Advisor.

How we assess your application

We will assess your application on the potential benefits provided by your proposed activity. We consider the impact on:

  • other park users
  • the park’s natural, cultural, and tangata whenua values
  • the surrounding neighbourhood or community
  • other vendors in the park.