Skip to main content

1. Check if you need a busking licence

You need a busking licence for the following activities in a public place:

  • Playing an instrument.
  • Singing.
  • Dancing.
  • Juggling.
  • Mime.
  • Puppetry.
  • Performance art.
  • Magic tricks.
  • Acrobatics.
  • Reciting poetry.
  • Storytelling.

If your performance involves pavement art, see Guidelines for pavement art.

Our tip

Our public liability insurance does not cover street performance artists. You are liable for any damage to public property.