Ture ā-Rohe Tiakina Kurī 2019
Dog Management Bylaw 2019
This bylaw promotes responsible dog ownership. It includes rules about where to take your dog, picking up your dog's waste and keeping more than two dogs in urban areas.
What the Dog Management Bylaw does
The bylaw implements the Auckland Council Policy on Dogs 2019.
- regulates the public places where dogs may be taken by their owner
- requires owners to obtain a licence to keep more than two dogs in an urban area
- requires owners to pick up after their dog when it defecates in any public place
- enables council to make temporary changes to where you can take your dog
- prohibits the owner of any female dog in season to take that dog into any public place
- requires owners to neuter their dog if it not has not been kept under control on more than one occasion
- provides a review process for owners of dogs classified as menacing due to behaviour.
Dog owners also have obligations under national legislation. To find out more about those see A guide for dog owners.
Get a copy of the Dog Management Bylaw
|Find where and when you can walk your dog||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/dogs-animals/where-walk-dog||Find where and when you can walk your dog||Find out where you can walk your dog and which dog exercise rules apply to your area.||aspx||Animals
Dog walking area|
|Responsible Dog Owner Licence (RDOL)||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/dogs-animals/responsible-dog-owner-licence||Responsible Dog Owner Licence (RDOL)||Find out how to apply for a Responsible Dog Owner Licence and get a discounted registration fee.||aspx||Dogs|
|How to control barking||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/dogs-animals/problems-dogs/Pages/how-control-barking.aspx||How to control barking||Find out why dogs bark and how to train your dog to not bark excessively.||aspx||Dogs|
|Rules for dogs in public places||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/dogs-animals/guide-for-dog-owners/Pages/rules-dogs-public-places.aspx||Rules for dogs in public places||Dog walking rules for the entire Auckland region. Find out where you can and cannot walk your dog.||aspx||Animals
Dog walking area|
|Policy on Dogs||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/plans-projects-policies-reports-bylaws/our-policies/Pages/policy-on-dogs.aspx||Policy on Dogs||The Policy on Dogs helps us keep dogs a positive part of Auckland life.||aspx||Policy
|What is a public place?||https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/licences-regulations/street-performance-busking/Pages/what-public-place.aspx||What is a public place?||A public place is any site that Auckland Council or a council-controlled organisation owns, manages or maintains, and is open for use to the public.||aspx||Trading in parks
Public market licence
Street trading or busking licence|