Vision for Pakuranga town centre
The 30-year vision for Pakuranga:
A vibrant town centre destination, well connected to its coastal walkway and local communities, enhanced by the creation of new civic spaces, green links, live and work opportunities and by its celebration of cultural diversity.
The vision and content of the masterplan were informed through community input.
The masterplan outlines expectations for:
- high quality civic spaces
- modern and efficient public transport facilities
- green connections through and around the town centre
- a thriving, exciting retail area.
Details are set out in four sections – building, connecting, greening and revitalising.
What the masterplan includes
The masterplan includes:
- suggestions for three new, well-designed public spaces
- guidance on the location and scale of new buildings
- recommendations for new pedestrian, cycle and road connections
- direction for designing stormwater infrastructure that uses natural systems incorporated into green spaces
- the mix of activities the community has told us it wants to see in their town centre.
Who will use the masterplan
The plan will continue to be used by the board, Auckland Transport, the community, private developers and our teams to influence and advise on growth and development of the area.
Key outcomes and an action plan within the masterplan will help to frame these discussions.
Get a copy of the masterplan