Takapuna Centre Plan
Te Mahere mō te Pokapū o Takapuna
What the Takapuna Centre Plan does
The Devonport-Takapuna Local Board has developed the Takapuna Centre Plan, a guide for the next 30 years for the development of one of Auckland's key metropolitan centres.
The plan reaffirms the Takapuna Strategic Framework 2010 and focuses attention on projects that will help transform Takapuna into a people-friendly and well connected centre.
We want Takapuna to become a vibrant town centre, oriented around people.
The plan emphasises making the most of the centre's spectacular location between Takapuna Beach, Lake Pupuke and Shoal Bay inlet, and allowing for high quality growth and development to improve the centre in the long-term.
Three key projects
The plan focuses on three key projects for Takapuna's commercial heart.
These projects target currently under-performing spaces:
- the Anzac Quarter
- the beachfront
- the streets.
Factors that will influence these projects promote the values identified by the community and help to achieve the outcomes of the Auckland Plan.
Get a copy of the Takapuna Centre Plan
For more information, email the Devonport-Takapuna Local Board or phone us on 09 486 8695.
Progress on delivering the Takapuna Centre Plan
Since the Takapuna Centre Plan was adopted in 2014 significant progress has been made on:
- Hurstmere Road upgrade
- public car parking development on the former Gasometer site
- new civic open space area and configuration approved for redevelopment of 40 Anzac Street
- beachfront reserve improvements.
We are working on a number of other actions, such as:
- Anzac Street carpark redevelopment
- improving integration of the centre with the beachfront
- continuing amenity and safety upgrades of intersections and streets in and around the centre.