About the plan
The Parnell Plan provides direction and actions for the next 30 years to ensure Parnell continues to be a fantastic place to live, work, play and do business.
- the local board, council and community’s vision for the area
- key objectives
- a set of actions to achieve the objectives.
The plan’s vision
Auckland’s First Suburb – A thriving, creative, and collaborative community that celebrates its unique natural, cultural and historic environment.
Five key action areas have been identified for the Parnell Plan. These are priority locations where investment in mainly physical and environmental improvements can achieve change:
- Make Parnell Station a key gateway to Parnell and the Domain.
- Realise the Waipapa Greenway.
- Reinforce the core of Parnell town centre as the heart of Parnell.
- Revitalise the St Georges Bay Road warehouses area.
- Enhance key east-west links and realise the Parnell Parks Link Greenway.
Get a copy of the plan